Bellingen is a charming town located in New South Wales, Australia, known for its beautiful natural scenery and unique cultural experiences. Here are some of the best things to do in and around Bellingen:
* Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the Bellingen Community Markets, where you can browse through unique arts, handmade crafts, local produce, and delicious food while watching some live music.
* Enjoy the local food scene: Bellingen is home to an array of excellent cafes, restaurants, and organic food stores. Indulge in delicious farm-to-table meals and savor the flavors of the region. The Bellingen Farmers and Produce Market is on every Wednesday afternoon and the Bellingen Growers Market is on every 2nd of 4th Saturday of the month.
* Take a trip to Dorrigo National Park, where you can hike through ancient rainforests, witness breathtaking waterfalls, and enjoy stunning panoramic views. There are walking trails for visitors of all levels of fitness.
* Go kayaking and swimming in the Bellinger River: The Bellinger River is one of the cleanest rivers in Australia and is a popular spot for kayaking, canoeing, snorkeling, and swimming. The park next to Lavenders Bridge is a favorite spot for locals to picnic and swim.
View from top verandah
Dorrigo National Park
* See some live music or attend an arts or music festival: Bellingen is known for its vibrant arts and music scene. Check out the local events calendar and plan your visit around one of the many festivals held throughout the year. Enjoy live music at 5 Church Street, The Brewery, The Federal Hotel, or the Refurbished Memorial Hal.
* Visit the Bellingen Brewery & Co: If you enjoy craft beer and delicious wood-fired pizzas, head to the Bellingen Brewery & Co to taste their unique brews and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere.
Sunset Strut - River Sounds Festival
Good Vibes - Bellingen Brewery Co.
EXPLORE THE LOCAL BEACHES
EXPLORE THE NATIONAL PARKS
Dorrigo NP is the jewel in the crown for the Bellingen area but there are some other amazing national parks just slightly further afield.
Two of the best boardwalks on the east coast. The Urunga boardwalk is 1km each way along the Kalang and Bellinger rivers out to the Pacific Ocean, the boardwalk has spectacular views from the sea up the river valleys to the Great Dividing Range. The Urunga wetlands walk is a 600m loop around a beautifully restored wetland great for quiet bird watching. Both Are a 15-minute drive from Bellingen.